As extracellular vesicle (EV)-based diagnostics and therapeutics shift towards and through clinical development, the need for industrial scale EV isolation workflows becomes increasingly urgent. To hear about recent progress in this space, Technology Networks spoke to Hans van der Voorn to get Izon's perspective and vision for the future.
To learn more about the questions below, head over to Technology Networks for the full interview. Hans answers the following:
- What's the rationale behind EV-based diagnostics?
- How can EVs be applied as therapeutics?
- What are some of the key challenges facing the development of EV applications?
- How is Izon Science addressing the need for reproducible EV isolation?
- What exciting projects are happening at Izon Science?
- How will approaches to EV isolation change as EVs head towards the clinic?