To promote effective research of EVs, the ability to compare work across different groups is urgently required. A crucial pre-requisite for the EV research community is to optimize and standardize methods of characterization, analysis and reporting of clinical samples.
Izon Science's Gold Standard is a protocol developed to ensure researchers can compare results gathered on different instruments and at different labs. The protocol includes EV isolation using Izon Science's qEV Size Exclusion columns, followed by particle characterisation using a qNano with V3.2 Software for measurement and analysis.
The following features of Izon Science's total measurement solution make standardised measurements possible:
- qEV isolation columns are manufactured under strict QA conditions in accordance with Izon Science's ISO 13485 QA programme. This reduces variability arising from bespoke equipment or preparations
- The V3.2 software was specifically written for the gold standard EV trial, and includes several new features that aid its success;
- The fully calibrated measurements and inbuilt assistant leads to results that are directly comparable across laboratories.
- Redefined concentration method of reporting concentration as a function of a defined size range – this feature makes comparison of results standardisable and comparable.
- Improved lower detection limit to allow larger sized nanopores and better running stability of EV samples.
- Reagents kits have been developed to provide stable running conditions of EVs on TRPS for reliable high-throughput measurements.